We are the Sailer family and we have been enthusiastic hosts in the cosy and authentic Hochzeiger Haus for over 50 years. The first ski hut at the Hochzeiger, at a time when there were was no cableway at the Hochzeiger in the Tyrolean Pitztal yet.
The Hochzeiger Haus was opened in 1955 and in 1963 it has been taken over by the Sailer family. In 1964 it was renovated and the first cableway was taken into operation. In 1965 the Hochzeiger Haus was expanded and in 1967 the first chair lift in the Pitztal, directly to the Hochzeiger Haus, was taken into operation. In 1969 the second chair lift, from the Hochzeiger Haus up to the Niederjöchel at an altitude of ca. 2.300 above sea level was a fact. Slowly, more and more guest were coming....In 1972 the Hochzeiger Haus was expanded again, until the end of the seventies we had more summer guests. In the eighties and nineties Jerzens with the Hochzeiger became a skiing area – in the eighties and nineties renovations took place again. Since 2003 the Panorama cable car brings the guests directly from the Hochzeiger Haus to the summit. In 2015 the NEW Hochzeiger Haus opened its doors, as cheerful and authenctic as before, but with a much higher feel-good factor and even more important: cordial service!
Additionally, we also run our two nice, small CHILDREN’S HOTELS SAILER & STEFAN in the Pitztal in Tyrol, there we offer high-standard family holidays!
We are always open to wishes and suggestions!
Your host family Sailer